Friday, May 29, 2009

Exhibit: Once Upon A Book

Wish I lived close by and could see this exhibit. The San Francisco Center for the Book exhibit, Once Upon a Book, May 4 - Aug 07, 2009, is their second in a series of children's book exhibitions. This show explores the creative process in the work of six critically acclaimed illustrators: Elisa Kleven, Remy Charlip, Maira Kalman, David Macaulay, Chris Raschka and Brian Selznick.

I love these videos in which the illustrators talk about their creative processes. But, be careful, they might lead you to other
YouTube videos on the bookarts.


EH said...

Thanks for bringing this interesting video to my attention !

Carol said...

I've enjoyed the videos very much but I'm especially relieved by your blogging hiatus of 5 months a while back. I haven't written a word on mine for about as long and I'm trying to gear myself up to starting again. You are encouraging me though it may still be a while. I did have an excuse but now I think it's just me...